Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Love Learning





It seems like everyday I find out something new, exciting and usually useful. I purposely have a Word of the Day app on my phone (Blackberry - nothing compares <3) and I write it down on one of my beloved Super Sticky PostIt notes and slap it on my computer screen. I try to use the word at least once a day, doing some vocabulary expansion. Today's WOTD is: Orthoepy meaning the study of correct pronunciation. Probably one of my favorites so far. I tend to be a grammar Nazi, as I think everyone should be. But then I would have no one to correct...hmm...

I've been teaching myself new things, too. I've been watching tutorials and trying to learn little tips and tricks for everyday things. Today I've been trying to get the hang of the fishtail side braid and perfecting my PinUp girl hairdo. Not too shabby.

I saw my Lady in Red today, yes, you, Diane! :D She was looking fabulous as usual. Hopefully with my newly acquired clothes, I'll get the fab look down. We shall see. She is truly one of the most interesting and inspiring people I have ever met in my entire life. Honest. I love it.



As of right now, I have both of my Kittahs laying around here with me. I was never a cat person, but I've definitely learned to love them. I don't know what I would do without them. They have such defining personalities as well. Pantera is the calm, relaxed gray cat and Stunt is our little 2 face. She can be so lovable and sweet OR be a frisky, psycho kitty.








Well, I do need to get to cleaning...I've been putting it off all week. I have much more to talk about buuuut I guess I'll have to hold off until tomorrow (or later tonight)

I never thought the phrase Live & Learn meant much, but I see it more and more everyday.




Since I listen to music pretty much all day every day (well, as often as I am able to) I figured I'll add what I'm jamming out to while writing:
(Today is a variety show)
Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benatar (!! I belt this one out)
Judith - A Perfect Circle
The Fix - Minus the Bear
Hot - Missy Elliott Ft. RJD2
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Someday - The Strokes
Spacelord - Monster Magnet
Labyrinth - Oomph! (German band <3)
Digital Bath - Deftones (favorite band)
Daylight - Blockhead

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the compliment, although I still can't do a proper fishtail. Maybe you can teach me.
    I'm a little jealous that you get to live with cats, I'm allergic.
    Great playlist. Missy Elliott is one of my heroes, she wrote music for just about every body before she starting performing her own stuff. Loooooove her.

    ReplyDelete